- About Us
- Clinical Trials
- Patient Info
- Patient Stories
- Contact Us
Scientific Papers on Hyperthermia Cancer Treatment
- Outpatient interstitial thermoradiotherapy
- Consensus on hyperthermia for the 1990s
- Hyperthermia review of literature
- Therapeutic gain by hyperthermia added to radiotherapy
- The heat shock response: role in radiation biology and cancer therapy
- Hyperthermia in oncology
- Re-setting the biologic rationale for thermal therapy
- Thermal medicine, heat shock proteins and cancer
- Implications of increased tumor blood flow and oxygenation casued by mild tempertatie hyperthermia in tumor treatment
- Local hyperthermia for deep tumors
- Local hyperthermia for superficial and moderately deep tumors – factors affecting response
- Hyperthermia’s emerging role in cancer therapy
- Randomized phase III study comparing irradiation and hyperthermia with irradiation alone in superficial measurable tumors
- Bicher, James Haim, MD., Wolfstein, Ralf, M.D. Thermoradiotherapy with curative intent – breast, head and neck and prostate tumors. Deutsche Zeitschrift für Onkologie (German Journal of Oncology) 2006, 38: 116-122.
- Bicher HI, McLaren JR, Pigliucci GM, (eds). Consensus on Hyperthermia for the 1990s. Clinical Practice in Cancer Treatment. Plenum Press, New York and London, 1990.
- Bicher HI, Hetzel FW, Sandhu TS. Physiology and Morphology of Tumor Microcirculation on Hyperthermia. Chapter 9. Ed. K Storm, K Hall Publisher, New York, 1982.
- Bicher HI, Hetzel FW, D'Agostino L, Johnson RJ. Changes in tumor tissue oxygenation induced by microwave hyperthermia. Int J. Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1977, S2:157.
- Bicher HI, Hetzel FW, Mitagvaria N, O'hara M. Reoxygenation induced by localized microwave hyperthermia as an adjuvant to radiation therapy. 6th International Congress of Radiation Research, 1979, 5:171-175.
- Bicher HI, Hetzel FW, Sandhu TS, Frinak S, Vaupel P, O'Hara MD, O'Brien T. Effects of hyperthermia on normal and tumor microenviroment. Radiology 1980, 137:523530.
- James Haim Bicher, M.D. The physiological effects of hyperthermia. Radiology; 1980:511513.
- Sandhu TS, Bicher HI, Hetzel FW. A thermal dosimetry system with blood flow simulation. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 6:361-363.
- Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Vaupel P, Hetzel FW. The effect of localized microwave hyperthermia on physiological responses. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 6:375-377.
- Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Hetzel FW. Inhomogenities in oxygen and pH distributions in tumors. Radiat Res 1980, 83376.
- Hetzel FW, Kaufman N, Brown M, Bicher HI. Indirect sensitization by drug induced reoxygenation in spheroids. Radiat Res 1980, 83:375376.
- Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Vaupel P, Hetzel FW. Physiological mechanisms of action of localized microwave hyperthermia. Presented at the Third International Symposium on Cancer Therapy by Hyperthermia, Drugs and Radiation. Fort Collins, Colorado, June 1920, 1980.
- Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Hetzel FW, Matvia F. An effective fractionation protocol for the clinical use of hyperthermia with adjuvant radiation. Presented at the Second Meeting of the European Group on Hyperthermia in Radiation. Rome, Italy, September 1920, 1980.
- Bicher HI, Vaupel P, O'Hara MD, O'Brien T, Mitagvaria N. Tissue oxygenation in normal and hyperthermic conditions. In proceedings of the XXVIIIth International Congress of Physiological Sciences. Budapest, Hungary, July 1318, 1980. Akademial Kiado Publishers: Adv. Physiol Sci. 1981, 25:215233.
- Bicher HI, Hetzel FW, Vaupel P, Sandhu TS. Microcirculation modification by localized microwave hyperthermia and hematoporphyrin phototherapy. Bibl Anat 1981, 20:628632.
- James Haim Bicher, M.D., Nodar Mitagvaria Circulatory responses of malignant tumors during hyperthermia. Microvascular Research 1981, 21:1926.
- Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Vaupel P, Hetzel FW. Effect of localized microwave hyperthermia on physiological responses. Natl Inst Drug Abuse Res Monogr Ser 1982, 61:217219.
- Vaupel P, Frinak S, MuellerKlieser W, Bicher HI. Impact of localized hyperthermia on the cellular microenvironment in solid tumors. Natl Inst Drug Abuse Res Monogr Ser 1982, 61:207209.
- Bicher HI. Impact of microcirculation and physiologic considerations on clinical hyperthermia. Proceedings 13th International Cancer Congress, 235245, Alan R Liss Inc., New York, 1983.
- Bicher HI, Mitagvaria NP. Changes in tumor tissue oxygenation during microwave hyperthermia clinical relevance. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 180: 190905, 1985.
- Mitagvaria NP, Bicher HI. Effect of microwave radiation on local blood flow and tissue oxygenation in the brain. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, 98:895897, 1984.
- Bicher HI, Shani J, Reesman KJ. Use of non perturbing thermocouples (NPT's) for hyperthermia clinical thermometry. Int. J. Hyperthermia, 3:550551, 1987. (Abst) and J. Microwave power 22: 173, 1987, (Abst).
- Bicher HI, Wolfstein RS. Local Hyperthermia of tumors at moderate depth using POPAS: Results by site (Abstract). 36th Annual Meeting of the Radiation Research Society, 4:1621, 1988.
- Bicher HI, Wolfstein RS. Treatment of intratoracic lesions. Preliminary results (Abstract). 37th Annual Meeting of the Radiation Research Society. 3:1823, 1989.
- Bicher HI, Reesman KJ, Afuwape SA. A target triapplicator system with nonperturbing thermocouples thermometry. Hyperthermic Oncology 1988, Taylor and Francis, 1:778779, 1989.
- Bicher HI, Mitagvaria, N. Oxygen and pH in Human Tumors During Hyperthermia (Abstract). Proceeding of the 1991 International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue Meeting (ISSOT). Willemstad, Curaco, Netherlands Antilles, August 24-30, 1991.
- Mitagvaria, N., Bicher HI. Local Blood Flow and PO2 in Rat's Brain During Maze Behavior (Abstract). Proceeding of the 1991 International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue Meeting (ISSOT). Willemstad, Curaco, Netherlands Antilles, August 24-30, 1991.
- Bicher HI, Wolfstein RS. Transcranial Treatment of Brain Tumors with Microwave Hyperthermia (Abstract). Proceeding of the 8th Annual Conference of the American Society for Clinical Hyperthermic Oncology (ASCHO). Chicago, Illinois, October 31-November 2, 1991.
- Bicher HI, Mitagvaria N. Oxygen and pH in Human Tumors During Hyperthermia (Paper presented as a poster). Proceeding of the 6th International Congress on Hyperthermic Oncology. Tucson, Arizona, April 26- May 1, 1992.
- Surowiec, A. Bicher HI, Caridad, C. A Comparison of Heating Characteristics of Two Hyperthermia Systems Used for Deep Seated Malignancies BSD-2000 and Tripas (Abstract). Proceeding of the 16th International Symposium on Clinical Hyperthermia (ISCHO). Kyoto, Japan, June 13-16, 1993.
- Bicher HI, Yarmonenko S, Wainson A, Swrowiec I, Metagvaria N. Specific inhibition of L-Glucose cell proliferation. Potentiation of Hyperthermia, Radiation and Chemotherapy effects (Abstract). Proceeding of the 10th Annual Meeting of the American Society Of Clinical Hyperthermic Oncology (ASCHO). Memphis, Tennessee; November 28-30, 1993.
- Surowiec, A, Bicher HI, Intercomparison of Heating Patterns of the BSD-2000 and the Tripas System (Abstract). Proceeding of the 14th Annual Meeting of the North American Hyperthermia Society (NAHS), Nashville, Tennessee, April 29- May 4, 1994.
- Bicher HI, Yarmonenko, S. Wainson, A. Surowiec, I. Mitagvaria, N. Anticancer Effect of L-Glucose In-Vivo Potentiation of Hyperthermia (Abstract). Proceeding of the 17th International Symposium on Clinical Hyperthermia (ISCH). Pavia, Italy, May 1-5, 1994.
- Bicher HI MD., Eva H. Barker, Patrick J. Bolan, Lance delabarre, Hellmuth Merkle, Lenore I. Everson, Michael Garwood. In VIVO Monitoring to Treatment for Breast Cancer Using 4T H MRS. Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota, 2021 Sixth street SE, Minneapolis, MN. USA;
- H. Bicher, Mitagvaria, I. Kvachadze , T. Khetsuriani, A. Shukakidze, I. Lazrishvili, M. Arabuli, TS.T. Khomeriki, Main factors in development of local hyperthermia-induced morphological changes in cerebral tissue of the rat In Press, Proceedings of Tbilisi State Medical University.
Ask the Doctor
We created a separate blog to address any questions that people might have about the treatment offered by Bicher Cancer Institute and hyperthermia in general. Our doctors and staff do their best to respond to the inquiries in a timely manner.
Please visit our testimonials page to learn about the experience some of Bicher Cancer Institute former patients went through during their treatment.
To stay informed about the latest news and developments at BCI,